Friday, November 6, 2009

Sunday Morning in Rancho San Antonio

Last Sunday morning I went to the Rhus Ridge trail head for a quick hike up the Black Mountain, but the parking lot was already full at 9AM. To not loose time, I drove to a nearby access road that is not marked on the Rancho San Antonio map and hiked to the Chamise Trail. From there I walked down to the Rancho. That morning the valley was covered with fog and I expected the same in the hills, but the air cleared out quickly. It was one of these bright and sunny mornings, with birds singing in still air.


A view toward San Jose and Mt. Hamilton from the trail to Rancho San Antonio. The white layer above the valley is from the fog rather than from the usual smog. The view looked very Japanese to me.


Buckeye trees look cool in the fall.


In several places I have seen clouds of little flies dancing in the air above the chaparral.

No comments:

Post a Comment